Monday, December 12, 2005

Old/New Talent

It had been quite an arty weekend.

Went down to the Esplanade to take out some videos and found Star Trek: DS9. Hurrah! Finally, get to watch beloved Dr. Bashir and find out what happens to the rest of the crew. My main purpose for going was to find DVDs/videos of Marlon Brando and Paul Newman. Call me lookist but damn were those two good-looking. The extent of my interest in them, I'm afraid. Still, good looks cannot keep me watching - nearly passed out cold watching "The Battler" (based on John Steinback's novel. Ha ha. What a major tipper). Speaking of good looks (and nothing to do with art), Morientes scored two goals. :D His hair is long now!

So...back to my art theme. On my way to the Esplanade, I passed by an exhibit by two Sinagporean artists. A video of remakes of P. Ramlee's shows -which was damn hilarious. The other, I do not quite get. Digitalised photos? It's not even pretty. This is exactly the type of art I hate - making a point and not much else. I prefer Turner, Caravaggio and Constable, so you can see where I'm coming from. Not a big fan of Impressionism either.

Also went to watch my cousin perform in "Oi! Sleeping Beauty" (or something like that). What had started out as (a pretty expensive) family obligation turned to be quite well worth the time and effort (and cost). It was hilarious - a tad too many gay rights humour but funny nonetheless. Puns on "Singaporean" stuff and interactive theater. That sort of thing. My cousin looked very good in a suit though. Ha ha. I shall no longer think of him as the kid who bit my sister (ha ha).

Then, watched an even younger cousin perform the violin, only to end up late and missing her performance. Ha. Sat through other people's mediocre performances. The school made up for it with a good performance of Libertango so I didn't mind too much. My aunt and I kept laughing at the performers, unfortunately. And the brother to the performing cousin kept yawning and doing funny things. An arty family we are. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home