Tuesday, December 06, 2005

At long last

Exams are finally over! Am still tethered to school by honours thesis but am, more or less, a free agent. For now.

My last paper was last Wednesday - I was so ansty. As usual. Spent the rest of that day in front of the TV - hurrah. I had a stats course the next two days - so it was school as usual.

Friday was movie day - after abovementioned course, I helped Adik film a "pedagogic" short film. It was tiring but hilarious. She had got this "actor" to help... I feel bad but my sister and I kept bursting out in laughter whenever he made a mistake in pronunciation. Thank God, he was very nice and was not at all offended. Anyway, my sister had sorely needed a director: the guy is not much of an actor. I had had to show him what the directions in the script meant; my dear sister is not very fond of asserting herself - she simply could not order the guy to emote. Me, no problem, bossy cow that I am. :D Still, the few times my sister tried, the guy didn't understand anyway - ah, perils of chiminology. Compare:

My sister: Look appalled/ disgusted/etc.

Me: Look like "don't cheat my money", ah/ aiyah, like you can't be bothered, damn jialat.

Note that this guy was from AJ. HA HA.

That Friday night, Nazir and I and Adik went to the premiere of "Pride and Prejudice". We got tix cause Nazir was invited as a Chevening scholar. It was very fun - we got a goody bag of Crabtree and Evelyn stuff, tea bags and, Adik's favourite, a map of "Pride and Prejudice" tour (am SO Singaporean to talk of the freebies first). The show itself was quite awful if one liked the book and the BBC version (Colin Firth is the only Darcy!). But all liberties were forgiven for the beautiful shots of England and much better locations, particularly the shot of Keira Knightley (she's NOT Elizabeth Bennet! Wail! *in denial*) on a cliff [when she was on tour of Derbyshire]. The movie was good in itself, I thought. If only it weren't an adaptation. Still, well worth the price of the ticket (which was nothing! ha ha). Joke aside, overall, it got a thumbs up.

My weekend was spent sleeping and watching TV - working off the stress of exams. :D I had a meeting with my supervisor for HT yesterday, so today is the first day I can truly relax. HURRAH. Have to think about HT but am adopting the Scarlett O'Hara philosophy today.

2 Comments:

Blogger minerva said...

Yayy, Exams Over! ;)
Thanks for the sms btw, Az*

Take care & best wishes for evtg,
Minerva*
p.s. Strange, how your closing line reminds me (again) of a fave character in the novel i'm reading lately ~ Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni's "Sister of My Heart"..

11:28 PM  
Blogger fZi said...

fahfi funny! i am a big movie director in the making...hahaha...Big love!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home