Friday, November 18, 2005

Till death do us part

Have been studying the whole day. Wah! Okay, it is an amazing fact because 1. it's near exams and I never study before exam 2. it's reading week - which means TV week, and that leads me to 3. I'm a lazy bugger. :D Not really true when compared to my sister, but so true when compared to some of my NUS mates.

Having exerted myself thus, I took a wee break and watched "A walk to remember". An old(ish) movie with Shane West and Mandy Moore, based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks. A smidgen of saccharine and buckets of tears (Shane West cries A LOT in this show). I do not have any particular musings actually, despite the title of the post.

What has been on my mind these days, despite of the looming exams, is my perpetual quandry. To continue or not to continue, that is the question (Oh, good God, hokey unoriginal quotations!). Well, hokey or not, that is still the question. I hate uncertainty, and since life is full of uncertainty, I hate life. Ha ha. That was utter bollocks. Right, sidetrack aside. I loathe NUS. I'm bored most of the time - is this what I really want to do? Then again, do I dare be one of those crazy people who actually dare to quit? (Hey, a double dare!) Although technically, it's not such a great risk since I actually have my B.A.; just missing four letters after it, that's all.

Perhaps it is a sign of mental illness (heh), but I find myself always wishing for pat endings. A storybook life. Wouldn't that be nice? But in wishing for what might have been and wondering about what would be, do I miss out on the present? There is a beautiful Arabic saying Nazir has quoted to me:

"The past has gone and the future is unknown. But for you is the present that you inhabit."

Very apt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home