Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I am the Raya Grinch

If there is a time for social obligations, this is it. Incessent rounds of visiting, entertaining guests (and given what I have to do - short of juggling and fire-eating: entertain kids I can't stand! - entertain is exactly the word I am looking for) and the cleanups before and after. I hate Hari Raya!

This year, things are not much better - am married to an Adik. Ha ha. My sister loves Raya...and so does my husband. Jolly good times! Ha ha. And of the matching clothes variety. Groan. Kuih raya making is "Yippie!", visiting people "Huzzah!" and "Joy to the world". Ay ay ay. Tak boleh angkat, seh.

So, on Tues (designated Kuih Day), we made kuih and I did what I never thought I would - produce my own batch of kuih. Induced by husband dearest, of course. He gave the "muka kesian" (pathetic expression), and a "I want to eat YOUR kuih". Good grief.

Last night, I hastily completed a final assignment. What a way to Raya mood. And today, it's meet people day. And I can't even sleep after Subuh because someone is leading Raya prayers and I have to follow - which means getting ready bright and early when it's not even bright (okay, am exagerating. But still!).

Finally, still loving you......(think 1980s song people!)

Oh yeah. To all my dear friends: Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf Zahir Batin. Especially if I am extra "mulut laser" this year. That includes my non-Muslim friends - a thousand apologies for any wrongdoings. :D

3 Comments:

Blogger minerva said...

Have a nice Hari Raya, dear Az!
U might never know - this Special Day might bring beautiful moments, too ~ which'll prob. be more Special when U least expect 'em..

Luv & Best Wishes always, Minerva*
p.s. And thanks for this amusing post;) Do take care.

9:33 PM  
Blogger xpidemic17 said...

kau ada kuih cornflakes?

3:46 AM  
Blogger az/fah said...

Ain! No. Sorry. Wait...about two years maybe? Ha ha.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home