Friday, August 26, 2005

Freedom

Have just had one of the shittiest weeks of my life. Details will just bore everyone but let's just say NUS administration sucks. So much so that I am reduced to swearing.

Curiously, I have ceased caring about my grades and what I would achieve. My attitude is a stark contrast to many of my fellow students who are busting ass to get that 1st class etc. Me, I find that I do not care. Even comments on my presentation, as part of those evaluation thingummy, have failed to elicit anything but an 'Oh really?'. I used to be a stressed basket case when it comes to presentations - especially the graded ones. Now, I don't care! I really don't - it's a very strange sensation not to be worrying about grades for once in my life. I must have given up the bad habit. Or just given up.

I guess one can say that I am sick of structured education. Having tasted the manna from heavens (reading what I like, not what I have to, at my own pace), honours seems a little hellish in contrast. Not to say that I am not learning anything; just that getting that information seems to be not worth the effort.

4 Comments:

Blogger minerva said...

Mm hmm, guess i can recognise how that feels, dear Az..

well, 1 way U cld take it fm here's, to tell Urself it's just another new Beginning - with its own attendant promises (along with all the incomprehensibly harsh moments too, yes)

Try not to let it get to U
- there are places where things can get worse, after all.. it's smth one realises as we encounter new (admin-related) experiences and new places.

And abt the disinterestedness in giving Ur All in the frenetic race - when it happened to me, i'd just told myself tt maybe it's also quite a gd thing..
this way, U won't be totally stressed out & imptly, U won't be working just for the deadlines, but more cos' U've actually found smth engaging in each (or most) of ur modules, so Ur work's more a fruit of ur interest in 'em.

have felt tt perhaps, this's much better (say, than my old, rule/order-governed days/attitude in sec sch) cos what we'll rem later in life will inevitably be what U truly enjoyed learning, rgt?

Well, no more preaching..
Just want ya to know U aren't alone, dear chum:)

So Cheer Up, stay cool & Go for it!
All Best for Evtg & Luv,
me*

6:22 AM  
Blogger fZi said...

Thats because babybun is a tai-tai. sort of. lovies!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT TOO WILL PASS :)
WHEN THE DARK CLOUDS AND STORM CLEAR AWAY, YOU'LL SEE THE SHINING STARS AT NIGHT, AND THE BRIGHT SUN THE NEXT MORNING. MEANWHILE, HOLD ON TO ME TIGHTLY . WE'LL WEATHER THE STORM TOGETHER.

LOTS OF LOVE FR CROUCH END

2:52 PM  
Blogger az/fah said...

I feel so loved!!!! Thanks to all. :D

Nazir can write Hallmark cards. ;)

Adik funny.

Banu, thanks for your words of encouragement. Yes, positive thinking - it's a new beginning! (Or ending. Ha ha. Err...my negative side)

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home