Saturday, November 26, 2005

Something Strange

In a bizzare twist of events, some marked term papers have been stolen from outside one of my lecturer's office. As it happens, one of them was mine. I had a right good laugh at that - who in the world would want to steal a term paper? Myself, I was quite happy to see the backend of it - it is always mortifiying (for me, at least) to re-read the things you have written - especially at 5 am after a whole night writing - and reading your lecturer's comments on them. Ha. Well, admittedly, this paper did quite well, despite my certainty that it sucked. So much for premonition. On the other hand, a presentation that I thought sucked, tanked. So, it's a 50-50 premonition, also known as probabilities. Oh, another paper and presentation did well despite expectations too - so it's more of 75-25. My premonition is on the losing side. Just as well since it tended towards pessimism.

I have been trying to be optimistic these days. I know, I am a very negative person. So, now, I'm trying to be a happier person by reminding myself that at 23, I have accomplished two of my life's goals:
1. Live in a foreign country.
2. Go to Spain.
It is really working, so far. Whenever I feel any negative feelings about anything, a timely reminder dispels them. Except rage. That, "positive vibes" don't work. Maybe it really is all in the mind. :D

2 more exams to goooooooo........

3 Comments:

Blogger xpidemic17 said...

oh mannnn... coolness, Az paper got stolen, that never happened to me b4. Anyway, nasib baik dah mark.

10:13 PM  
Blogger minerva said...

Uh oh, has the issue of the 'missing papers' been resolved?
Hope all's well for you, besides that.. :)

Bestest wishes for Ur remaining papers, Az!
Do take care & make sure U get some gd, well-deserved rest after Ur exams too.

6:32 AM  
Blogger az/fah said...

Ha ha. :D Still missing but I don't care. Thanks for the best wishes. *hug*.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home