Monday, July 16, 2007

You can do it!

For Cik Lin:
I will survive

First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
with you crying by my side
And I spent so many nights
feeding so you would be strong
I came to mourn
All the sleep that is gone
and so you're back
asking again
I just walked in to find you here
with that sad look upon your face
and so I heaved a sigh
when I really want to cry
I cannot say no to your wailing cries
Cause you are my responsibility

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore
the little voice telling me it’s futile
you think I'd crumble
you think I'd lay down and die

Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive

It took all the strength I had
not to fall apart
Kept trying hard to open
The eyes that had no sleep
and I spent oh so many nights
just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry
Now I hold my head up high
and you see me
somebody new
I'm chained to a little person
Me, who love too few
assaulted by a god made of tin
and I’m learning to ignore thee
now I'm saving all my loving
for someone who's loving me

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

alamak... such an apt song for me. thanks fahfi for the dedication. had a relatively good night last night. managed to sleep 3 straight hours. is that a miracle? a temporary relief?

huggies,
cik lin

10:00 AM  
Blogger az/fah said...

hee hee. might be a signal...she's going to sleep for longer stretches (mostly) soon. hurrah! big love and huggies.

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home