Saturday, May 26, 2007

Babies are not performing monkeys in booties

Although I try not to rant too much on this blog, today I am too annoyed and heartsore not to not rant. I am so tired of people thinking they have rights to my baby. People who are, really, transient to Rehan's life. The horror of social events, now, is the people who wish to carry the baby and treat him like a parcel in a game. All they want is the gratification of fondling a baby. While I do not mind people holding him in general (in small doses) - for he needs to learn to be around people - I object him being passed around when that can cause him to be sick. Unfortunately, Rehan has had bouts of puking following his going out. Once, he had puked so much that his fonatelle depressed. I try to limit my own going out and shopping because of that. My baby's welfare seems, to me at least, more important than making people happy.

I suppose, coming from a family who respects boundaries and other's feelings, it is a shock to realize that some people don't really care or respect others and hide that disrepect behind the facade of being sociable. The fact of the matter is I love seeing my baby loved - especially by those whom I love. But I also know those who love him wouldn't want him to come to harm. And that is what separates the selfish buggers and the generous spirited.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello az.. aku rasa ko nga meletup mcm volcano.sabao beb. i cant say i know exactly how u feel but all i can say that ur a great mum!
kesian little kecik... might be coming down this wk to see both of u.miss u guys soo.. i won carry him soo much, i promise!! hehhehe..
chill k beb.. Love ya!

7:55 PM  
Blogger az/fah said...

heh. biasalah tu kalau aku dah hot. be great if you can come and see him. you can carry all you want - banyak2 org passing2 yg buat dia muntah. :p jemputans suck! (except when it's pple you know's.) hiakz.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home