Monday, May 28, 2007

One size does not fit all


Rehan is outgrowing many of his newborn clothes. Sniff. He is growing so fast - he is now wearing 3-6 months and even 6-12 months clothes. Thanks to Hui Juin and Ain, who had bought bigger clothes (hee hee) for Rehan, the transition is smooth.

But as I pack away his old clothes, I feel a sense of loss. A loss of the crazy month just after his birth, seeing his first smile, hearing his first laugh. Some clothes I intend to redeploy to Nazir's brother's baby (seems such a waste otherwise), some to future babies (mine or my sister's). But there are some that I cannot bear to part with, even for Rehan's (possible) sibling. Like the little tops I bought him while he was still in me. Or the 'Milk' tees Adik bought him. They are very much his.

It seems ridiculous to be so sentimental about clothes. But there it is. Just as well I had not bought many - a lot were gifts from friends and family. Even then, in deciding who gets what, it is not reason but sentiment which guides me. Stuff from my side of the family and my close friends, I cannot bear to give to Rehan's cousin. Somehow, they seem to be (my) family heirloom.

It's a little bit funny...this feeling insideeeeeeeeeeee.......

2 Comments:

Blogger dew embun said...

Aik?!

Seems motherhood has made you all senti-mentel!
*LOL*

11:54 PM  
Blogger minerva said...

Beautiful image, dear *Az.
Warmest Hi-s to the 'lil one, too. ;)
You take care & Stay special,
Wishes, as always,
minerva*

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home