Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Gentleman Robber

(Gentleman Caller = Death, Gentleman Robber = Time. Geddit? Ha ha)

Last week went by so quickly: Nazir's supposed New York trip that involved packing - and not unpacking (men! guess who has to do it? brrr.), Rehan's injection part 2 and subsequent fever. It is the usual nightmare when Rehan is sick: being irrationally afraid and tired at the same time. Not a good combi.

Today's anthem: Bon Jovi's Greatest Hits - and we are back in the eighties!

Birthday is dawning upon me. Older but not wiser, I think. Isn't that depressing?

This time last year, I was puking my guts up.

This year I have Rehan!

What have I learnt in twenty-five years: people suck, mostly. If that is to be my epitath, I think I need to have my head checked.

Need to focus on the positive! Remember the people who do not suck, namely, Crescentians! and my dear friends and family. Actually, that's quite a lot of people - just overwhelmed by gross people. :P Hence, focus on the positive. (Yah, I know, Nazir!)

Read Carl Hiaasen's "Nature Girl". That is so me. If let loose upon the world.

Birthdays are always a a big deal in my family. This weekend promises loads of fun: celebrations start today with buying my present. Nazir proposed dinner with his family - ha ha. So not the thing for birthday. After twenty five years of celebrating with my family, it has become an unbreakable tradition. I guess it is true that we are a little insular. Ha ha. :) BIG LOVE!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fahfi... bila birthday?
somehow cik lin is not big on birthdays... i never really knew when is family's birthday. but that is about to change as stefan will be doing a round of survey asking for such information from my side of the family.
big love to you... birthday girl. and who says you are not any wiser? trauma of birth provides a whole tonne of wisdom, if you were to ask me.
cik lin

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Az! =)

6:10 PM  
Blogger dew embun said...

Happy birthday Az!!

Wisdom is a trait of the humble.

*Hugs!*

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home