Sunday, May 15, 2005

Unclean! Unclean!

Wah lau! Confirmed deep funk a few days ago were hormones talking. Had my period today - hurt like the dickens. Wonder about the expression - hurts like the dickens, because reading Dickens hurt? Ha ha, just a piece of folk etymology, on my part.

Woke up late this morning - had 10 hours of sleep. And after Enterprise, I slept again! For 3 hours straight. Totatally wiped out just from mere blood loss. I don't get it - it's not as if I had been doing anything particularly strenous. Errr....watching "Hornblower" (Horry!) DVDs can hardly be called that, eh? I wonder why is it that everything to do with a woman's reproduction system is painful? Periods - cramps, back pain, lethargy, depression. Giving birth - generally acknowledged fact. Menopause - hot flushes etc etc. Why?!

Was shivering while sleeping...Nazir had to take three different blankets to keep me warm. Reason men were put on Earth, ha ha. :D Anyway, was a very fine day today....the neighbour next door had a barbeque, pot guy came out for a sun tan. Pot guy - the guy who lives at the bottom flat in the house opposite always comes out to smoke rolled up ciggies which look like pot. Am pretty sure it's not, but the name stuck. So, despite the shining sun and heat, I slept with a picnic rug, a throw and a comforter piled on top of me.

That's all the complaints I have today, I guess. On to more fun stuff, I dreamt of Voyager. Was in a spaceship in the Alpha Quadrant when we were hunted by aliens which looked like 8472 but was not 8472. By some miracle, we flew to the Delta Quadrant where Voyager found a safe haven... a miracle considering it would take some eighty-odd years at maximum warp. The logical part of my brain rationalized we must have used a wormhole or one of those Borg tech like Voyager did to get home even though I did not dream it. Anyway. Must be watching too much Star Trek - my mum would agree, ha ha. She'd seen so many bits from Voyager that she knows all the characters - and some names! Ha ha. Poor ma.

Am eagerly anticipating Star Wars: Episode 3. Am detesting bandwagon people though...ugh ugh. Especially the proliferation of Queen Amidalas on the Net. Yetch. Some ten years ago, they wouldn't know an AT-AT from a TIE fighter. Or an 'eyeball' from an X-wing. Hah. Wonder if they know even now! :D

4 Comments:

Blogger minerva said...

Hope U r feeling better now, dear.
Take more milk/yoghurt/dairy pdts & maybe, U cld also try taking evening primrose oil - might help ease the pain.
Take care & luv,
me*

12:54 AM  
Blogger az/fah said...

Thanks for the tips! I do love herbal stuff - much better than drugs! ;)

12:03 PM  
Blogger fZi said...

hehe...fahfi tercinta..i think hurts like dickens refers to a certain part of the male anatomy..although i could be wrong...

3:59 AM  
Blogger az/fah said...

HAAAAA. Adik funny. :D

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home