Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Wishing for Dorothy's shoes....or at least a transporter

Woke up this morning feeling restless and out of sorts yet at the same time, lethargic. Miss my family so much, especially my mom. Weird huh. Spent loads of times while in Singapore being so busy, not talking to my mom much. Now miss her so much. Sniff.

Feeling much better now though having just talked to her. Makes me feel quite grateful for the telephone. I wonder how it was like for immigrants, especially those in the non-telephone, non-Internet era. Must really sucks - nothing but letters and, if one can afford it, black and white pictures to send home. There's no immediacy, any news would be weeks old. And you cannot even hear their voices.

Next step, I hope, is a transporter (not of the Jason Statham variety but Star Trek). Then, we can live anywhere in the world and still, literally, pop in and out of home. Joy.

An aside: fotopages updated - pictures of the journey to Wales. Should have put that up first but just found them. Ha ha. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home