Sunday, April 10, 2005

Lazy days

The day started out great- bright and sunny. It was a lazy day for me...reading Anita and Me by Meera Syal. V funny. Then, I watched "Enterprise", without dear sister. SOB. All alone.....no one to appreciate Disco Zindi (though this week, there weren't any Disco Zindi to be had.) No more sarky remarks about Captain America (aka Capt. Archer. Bleagh. Bleagh.) Yesterday, Voyager came to my door. And watched it all alone too......Argh. No fellow trekkie. Only a fellow (Nazir) going "Apa ni?!" Sigh. Anyway, today's Enterprise was quite interesting - more Trek than the usual Enterprise eps. A shot of oh-so dishy Trip on a horse. "Have you ever ridden this animal?" says T'pol (pronounced Te[schwa, for my fellow elang students]-pol, not tee-pol. Hee.) with obvious disdain for aforementioned horse. And we all know what she thinks of his abilities. Har. "How hard could it be?" came the famous last words. To his credit though, he did not fall off the horse, managed to haul T'pol (v gentleman-like! Sigh.... and romance novel-like) onto the horse with one hand and trot off...eventually. Am so glad the writers decided to abandon the "T'pol/Archer" romance angle. Shudder. Capt. America. Yetch.

Okie....most of the people reading this (namely, my friends) wouldn't have a clue what I'm talking about. Just filling a void of missing my sister and talking Trek.

Onto non-TV news, yesterday, Nazir and I went for tea at Tooting Broadway. A friend of Nazir's. (errr....duh. Do I have any friends here? No! Ha ha. That's what happens when you are a hermit. Not a bad deal, if you ask me.) Anyway, went grumpy like, but was quite fun in the end. Surprisingly. The drive to and from went without incident....though I can't say am in love with London roads. Still awful, still confusing!!!!!

On hermit-dom, with a husband like Nazir, am forced to face society....but as I have found out on two separate outings (maybe three) , it is not as bad as I thought. Does this mean I would be expanding my social circle when I return? Ha ha. Hardly likely.

1 Comments:

Blogger fZi said...

Fahfi tootled down to Tooting...hehehe....

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home