Thursday, March 17, 2005

Spring fever

Have just returned from a foray at the library. Came back with yet another book (Jasper Fforde's Lost in a good book, second in a series recommended by my dear sister) and a CD by Ruben Gonzales (for a concessionary 45p. The CD not the book). For the first time in many months, I was sweating and this even after I left my coat open. It's spring! Am not too pleased with Mr. Sun - but of course am the only person in Britain who loved the winter.

Yesterday was another fine day. Nazir and I went to Tesco's for a supply run - it's a huge Tesco off the North Circular. Everything under one roof, from makeup and clothes to food. I was really quite exhausted after finding food- and ice-cream! The joy of having a freezer to store ice cream. The flat we lived in prior to this had a tiny box called a freezer where even a box of ice cream could not fit. Anyway, was quite tired that I didn't even check out the clothes. Toiletries were okay - but my personal store, Watson's have not been surplanted.

Afterwards, we took a detour from the route home and went to Alexandra Palace. Nazir was thinking of it the exact moment I suggested it. Kindred! Nice to find out little things like that - reinforces the certainty that the marriage is quite a jolly idea. Anyway, Alexandra Palace turned out to be the huge building I have always wondered about that we saw from the window. (Fotopage - see the huge orangey, coral building?) It was an okay palace - converted to a convention centre. Quite strange - when we entered, felt like it was Suntec City. With indoor greenhouse and better architecture. There was an education fair (hence the Suntec City feel) going on, consequently there were titchy wee kids (actually teens) running around. No one gave us a second look so I guess we looked young enough to blend it. But for the clothes. Think 50 cent meet sixteen year olds. Right down to the bling. Diamond studs (has to be faux) in ears, caps etc. And the girls with their tight pants and big hoop earrings. Great hair all round though. Wonder how long they spent on their hair each morning. And the kids were so big! They were towering over me. They all seemed so mature. Quite scary. But at the same time I felt so much older than them. Then, I realized, I have never dressed young. I had never been young. Oh well, youth is wasted on the young (Robbie Williams) and all that.

Anyway, Alexandra Park was gorgeous - it's right in front of the palace. It is hilly, green and you can see the whole of London all round, where it's not blocked by Crouch Hill (where I live) and Muswell Hill. We could also see the BT Tower - near our old flat.It was beautiful. Perfect for picnics. The sun was shining, a breeze was blowing, fantastic views as far as the eye can see, and one of the nicest human beings who I can call my own next to me. In that instant, I was glad I was me, lost youth notwithstanding.

3 Comments:

Blogger dew embun said...

Darling,
marriage is bliss...if we make it so.And Alhamdulillah,good for you that you got a kindred soul.Nothing beats the feeling knowing that the love of your life seems to know excatly what you want at the very precise time you want it without you even saying it...right? ;p
enjoy babe!

6:36 PM  
Blogger fZi said...

Babybun tercinta

Yay..Fahfi tengah baca JAsper Fforde. JAngan lupa review. Luvies! and to Fahfi's kindred too.

2:54 PM  
Blogger xpidemic17 said...

Az, thx so much for the card... i miss u loads too and of cos i dun think u wud ever forget my bday... heheh. luv ya! *big hug*

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home