Saturday, March 12, 2005

Job satisfaction

Fotopages updated!!!!

At the moment, am recovering from a bout of kitchen-induced foul mood. It all started with a recalcitrant mortar and pestle, which insisted on making the garlic and ginger fly about WITHOUT actually pounding them. In frustration, I dumped the whole lot into the blender and whizzed the daylights out of them (the garlic and ginger, not the mortar and pestle). Well, I tried anyway. They jumped about, got slightly mangled and the blender choked. Choked. I felt like choking it, barring the fact it's like inanimate.

Onto dishes and pots. Scrub, scrub, scrub. The dried food refused to come out (central heating is death on bits of food, I tell you). I was so enraged that I wanted to throw the whole lot away. Yep, plates, pots and all. But my environmental nature reasserted itself - why clutter the earth with more waste?

Still, it is amazing how such small incidents can add up to make me blow my fuse. Admittedly, I do have a rather short one (I hear snickers from dear loved ones) but yesterday made me realize how housewives can blow their brains out, taking their kids along with them. Those who think housewives stay at home and do nothing, or have an easy life...well, just don't tell it to me. God knows what you might inspire. While the only advantage of a job (yes, it's a bally job!) at home is not dealing with people (though the jury's still out about that - let's see, kay poh makciks etc etc...), it's just as demanding and stressful. Especially with pots and pans that don't behave.

But right now, big thanks to my mother for putting up with us and our messes for the last twenty off years. And not dumping us in the trash. Hee.

Anyone reading, give your ma a big kiss and thank you - they deserve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home