Friday, August 17, 2007

Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose

Had a week of TV and books (two things you can do while breastfeeding, fyi) - even watched Bring it on 3, only because Hayden Panettiere (Heroes). My usual: Heroes (Milo V!), Eureka (Buffy-esque sci-fi; very good stuff btw, if you like sci-fi), Dr. Who, Bones (crap, really, but Angel!), CSI:NY, etc etc, which will not interest most people, I bet. Ha ha.

Moving on. Watched "V for Vendetta". Okay, may be a little too late to be raving about it, but I love this show. Started watching because of Hugo Weaving but LOVE the show. Want to find DVD but suspect will go the way of Sin City i.e. not available in Singapore. Grrrr. Most annoying. Watch it if you like the Phillip K Dick sort of fare.

Also, in the middle of Carlos Ruiz Zafon's "The shadow of the wind". Rave, rave. Must read for anyone who loves books. And as a result of his beautiful prose, I have decided to give poetry a go. Found an Emily Dickinson poem I like (yet again, her! must check out anthology) "I felt a funeral in my brain".

Yay. Fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home