Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Getting ould

I have always thought that at a certain point in my life I would feel like an adult - namely when I got married. But I don't feel it. On the contrary, I feel immature, childish and foolish most of the time. Heh. Nothing new. I wonder, if there would ever come the time when I am 'adult'. Not that I really care one way or another but it is a fact of life that one would grow up eventually. It's just not happening to me. Then again, I had thought I would get married at 27. That's some years yet. Maybe I will figure it out then.

What is happening though is a pervading sense of ennui. Oh, God. Surburban ennui, bleagh, bleagh. At least I haven't made a movie about it. Curiously enough, I find on my friends blog the same emotions expression in various ways but all defining the same unease. There is something bugging us and we have no idea what it is. Do we lead such unfulfilling lives? I don't think so. But still there is disatisfaction, irritation etc. (As my GP teacher keep pointing out, "etc" implys there more to be said, only that the writer do not know the facts. In this case, it would be true.) The problem is I (perhaps, we) do not know what the problem is. For me at least, if I do know it, I can get started on that action plan. Even if that plan don't work, I feel better. :D

So, taking my cue from my dearest friend, Ain, who had listed down the things she has to be thankful about some time back, I shall do the same, if just to remind myself - stop whinging! Heh.

1. I have a loving and wonderful family (husband included) and am secure in such unconditional love.
2. I got to live in London.
3. I have a few fantastic friends and no annoying acquaintences.
4. I can read. And watch Tv.
5. My brain functions well enough.

That's about it, really. I'm sure there's other things I should be grateful for but it's just not hitting me yet. It is an interesting exercise, I must say. Not really great for a reminder but it shows what I value most. That's what I got out of it anyway. *shrug*

Just to balance boring philosophical what-nots, a line worth a thousand inadequate words:

"Well, we can't stand around here doing nothing, people will think we're workmen" - Spike Milligan

4 Comments:

Blogger dew embun said...

gal,i tell you wat it is....

It is uncertainty...us being uncertain of what the future holds,how we will live it,what will come next,the next road we will take..etc

It is insecurities...us knowing the transcience of life,the impermanence of things,hanging in limbo,what/who to trust..etc...

It's part of being 20s...we want to have a footing in life but we don't know what/where/when/who with/why etc...

The 30s would be when we have already decided where our direction in life is and is making our way there...

The 40s would be when we are cruising through life...

The 50s would be when we look back,turn in front,sip some nice drink,sigh and say,'This is LIFE.'

The 60s would be when we enjoy the fruits of our labor.Loving and cherishing everything...a few regrets here and there but still a life well-led...

The 70s and 80s are bonuses by God for those who deserve...

Hey! I should write a book on this!!
I'm so smart I amaze myself!!
khekehe

Take care,love....

10:37 PM  
Blogger xpidemic17 said...

sheesh... it is always from her.. khakhaka... but i agree. we still got some time before we start feeling like things are right on track.. takpe sama2 lah kita meranjau duri2 kehidupan. hmmmmmm.

12:03 AM  
Blogger dew embun said...

Ain!!
you are just JEALOUS!!!
khakhakhakhakha...

next time kan, aku charge consultation fees kang baru tau!!!

*lol*

lovies...

8:12 PM  
Blogger az/fah said...

LOL. Words from the wise one. Thanks Jah! :P

Sama2 kita meranjau duri2 kehidupan, indeed. *howl*

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home