Monday, May 23, 2005

Vulcanology

Spent a whole day yesterday watching ST: VOY and ENT.

Non-Trek fans, skip to next paragraph.

"Azati Prime" on Enterprise yesterday - T'pol is a junkie!!! I am so offended by the cavalier way they had totally destroyed Vulcans - B&B seem intent to make Vulcans the villians of the piece. The message I get from ENT is see, Vulcans are not so great after all. First, was the Vulcan High Command not sharing tech, the secrecy and infighting. Then, the whole T'pol is emotional - argh!!! Vulcans are NOT emotional. That is they feel emotions but just control it really well. I like the whole Trip and T'pol romance (though lots of Trekkies disagree) but I don't think she would be so....girly about it. The ding-donging: should I or should I not? I think a better conflict between the two (and more natural than this contrived T'pol exploring her emotions and becomes a JUNKIE!!! Grr.) would be the clash of their characters. How Trip would push to see that bit of emotion (he would...*eyeroll*) while T'pol would be so damn rational about it. See, this would be a perfect opportunity to see a Vulcan relationship at work - I do not think they would be so cold to each other. After all, Tuvok confesses to 'a deep attachment' to his children. But no...instead of stretching their imaginations, cop-out with T'pol being the weird Vulcan, who takes drugs. Words cannot convey my outrage - unfortunately, also making me inarticulate and slightly 'stream of conciousness'-y. Sorry.

Ranting aside....(non-Trek fans can resume reading here)

Hee hee. Watched "The Big Hit" (1998) with Mark Wahlberg, Antonio Sabato Jr. (Oh Joy!), and Lou Diamond Phillips. Damn funny show. Mark Wahlberg is a sweet, slightly insecure hit man, with a crappy friend - who played him out and 2 girlfriends - whom he simply cannot break up with because he doesn't want people to not like him. Hee. Highly recommended except for the R-rating for 'violence and pervasive language'. Not for the prudish.

Well, that was my weekend - TV! Hee hee. Days are flying by... exactly two months to my return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home