Monday, June 27, 2005

Death and Taxes

Today was another boring day. I went to post DS9 DVD, dropped off my drycleaning, and went to the library. Took out three books - two of which are Prachett's Discworld series. Am a big fan. Hilarious stuff. Then, went and bought "Soul Music", which has Death in it. Yay to Death!

All in all, another boring day. But in a good sort of way. Do you ever have such normal days? I love normal days. Seriously. I think being normal is underrated. Everyone (generalization) wants to be different. But try being different for a day. It's not...normal. Ha ha. The ironic thing is that I want to be normal. But wanting to be normal is not normal. Well, although, I think I'm different, which is what a lot of people think they are, which makes me somewhat normal, right? That would be a relief.

Err, head spinning yet? Don't worry. Just being me. Ha ha.

Finally, another Spike Milligan quote: "I can't see the sense in it [his honorary CBE] really. It makes me a Commander of the British Empire. They might as well make me a Commander of Milton Keynes - at least that exists."

Heh.

2 Comments:

Blogger minerva said...

Intg impression of normalcy, dear Az!

Am not totally sure of ur impression, but if you are referring to 'being normal' as including such thgs as:
wishing to be plain ol' ourselves, w/o the superficialities or cosmetic/farcical masks of pretence many take up once they step outside their personal realm of Self,
the firmness to be oneself and oneself alone-unswayed by whatever trends (of Values, beliefs, fashion,etc.) may come.. if that wld be considered 'normal' by ur stds, then maybe we cld be in the same boat;)

Take care & warm wishes,
me*
p.s. sometimes, methks tt one's most normal - and most alive (at least in my case, and by the above rambling defn) amongst the pple dearest to me*

3:44 AM  
Blogger az/fah said...

Heh. I feel most normal around those dearest to me too - but mainly because they speak the same language! Ha ha. ;P

Take care!
Az

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home