Thursday, September 28, 2006

Limp as a wet dishrag

For those in the know, the title of this post will make sense. Am taking advantage of a rare burst of energy to post something on the blog more meaningful than quizzes (though it gives me great joy to read what people read. Thanks Banu for responding to the tag!).

There is not much point in secrecy anymore - this Raya most people will know anyway. So, all my dearest friends who knew and kept the secret (kudos to y'all), you can now gab about it freely. Am in a family way, to put it delicately. Urgh....everything has to be delicate with me these days. Too much movement makes me barf. Ha ha.

As is evident, I have retained a modicum of sense of humour. Hard to put things in perspective when you have been (and seem to have to continue) facing the toilet bowl everyday (and night!). So, if anyone wishes to regale me with 'joys of motherhood' sentiments, kindly visit my house and I will barf on you.

Thankfully, the people around me are not inclined to such ridiculous sentiments. The reality of pregnancy is 3 months of puking, or if you are unlucky, even nine months of puking. Being full of gas, not being able to eat (cravings are a myth! ha! I can barely eat...okay, other than the occasional satay), and being breathless from doing nothing because all your internal organs are being squashed.

That being my litany of complaints - thank goodness am back at the family home! Loads of sympathy and love...not to mention company. Turns out, am not such a big fan of staying alone at home after all.

My grandma is at my house i.e. my mum's. V fun to have Ramadan with her around. She has been regaling me with stories of the past- v fascinating and insightful.

In advance, if I don't get to meet everyone I want to this Raya, v sorry. You know why, lah.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg.... well, congratulations are in order? no?

az the mom... this feels so surreal!... this is coming from a long-time (but rarely in contact) comrade! how you must feel is beyong me :)

take care. and thanks for sharing.

no trips to art friend then anytime soon i guess..

7:08 AM  
Blogger minerva said...

Oh, Joy of Joys!
A Biiiig Hug of Congrats & Warmest wishes of cheer, dearest Az!
Such a Special News from a Lovely, cherished friend - U made my day, dear chum.

Been feelin pretty low, wrt events of late, work etc. but Thanks for this cheery (it still pulses with the same 'ol Azrifa(h)en [eh, how else to coin an adjective, here? ;)] wit i've always enjoyed) 'lil post!

Take care,dearest Az. Take more pears, raisins & have loadsa rest too. Stay happy & keep reading, musing & focusing on the more rose (or shld i say, pink?) tinted perspectives of 'tis life.

Loadsa Luv, hugs & cheer comin' Ur way, me*
p.s. Musing over Ur lovely tag was such a pleasure, Az. Have only U to thank. Take care:)

6:51 AM  
Blogger Azah said...

How have you been pah? Yay so now that you've declared it openly yourself, my mouth can be unsealed?! Wah susah tau nak simpan such joyous news but I know I've given you my word!

Well don't worry, all those puking will soon be over. If you start craving for something, just sms me and I'll deliver it to you in a flash (eerr if I'm able to get it within my limits la hehe)

Have a great Ramadhan ahead. Would really love to meet up with you soon. Missing you! Take care... huggies!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

azrifah.......congratulations!!!! erm, this coming from someone who havent met u for such a long time. good god. :)
hmm, take extra care of yourself please. i wanna see a healthy baby. :)

farah linda

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

az..slamat morning! ko da start muntah blum pagi nie?? kekkekek.. anyway congrats on the lil one.. don be too hard on urself. Ur always the pioneer one amongst us..wakakakka..
anyways, nak ckp kesian,tak la sgt cos aku tau ko nie kan cilipadi.. u'll get over it.. smile always my fren, don angau n be cross all the time u noe, kesian anak ko. jgn lupa ajar everything on star wars n star trek jadi ko ader members baru for entertainmnt..hhahhah.. love u loads.. kirim salam ur family...take care kiddo!

8:10 PM  
Blogger dew embun said...

Should I succumb to *evil* temptation, I would say 'PADAN MUKA KO! Whatever happened to that person some posts back who said something about choosing to stay childless blablabla?!'
Haha...
You know I am not THAT evil...and we all love you loads to doa for you the best.
Afterall, a baby to complete the family is a step closer to bliss (in my opinion)...
And as always, the road to bliss is a rocky (hence,puke-y) one...

Congrats Az!May Allah protect both mother and child...and grant much patience to the father in case he has to endure some really challenging situations...hehehe

*hugs*

10:03 PM  
Blogger fZi said...

Selamat Hari Raya to the three buns - Babybun, Little Bun & Rotibun!

Big Love!

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little is bigger than Baby coz of all the gas..hehe..bila fah nak balik ni..btw, did u manage to escape the rotten kids masa pergi rumah cik wati..masa kita datang coast was clear kekeke..big love!

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home