Monday, December 03, 2007

Whenever I watch a Hindi show, I feel like learning Hindi. When I listen to a Spanish song, I want to learn Spanish. And so on. Not just to learn the language, but to know the nuances of the language, the metaphors, the culture.

And watched Lancang Kuning and wished I had paid more attention to Malay literature. I love the oldies! The characters might piss you off but at least they engage. Instead of being irritated by the dismal quality of the production. Somehow, despite the lack of technology back then, the quality of camera work and even special effects (!) is better than any Malay film since. (I am thinking, with horror, of the eighties, especially.)

Also watched Om Shanti Om. I like! Drama, drama and more drama. Tee hee.

In the middle of Chakde! India. Fascinating, in that central to the theme is the diversity of India. As opposed to the monolithic Hindi speaking India that is often presented by Bollywood. (Am aware that there is a range of Indian films that is not limited to Bollywood. But not having watched much, can't really say.)

Have lots of work. And naturally, now is when I write. Ha ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home