Sunday, April 09, 2006

Back to our usual programs

Am doing jigs and victory dances as I have - after a LONG time - finished my thesis. HURRRRRRRRRRRAH! The joy and relief is indescribable.

According to the list of rules and regulations, the acknowledgement page is "for making acknowledgements that have a direct bearing on the HT and is not for indulging in routine gestures of politeness or sentimental attitudinising. In all things, students should be guided by good taste and good sense." So, this is my REAL acknowledgements:

Acknowledgements (Version Blatant Sentimentalism)

I wish to thank God. To say, this was a product of divine help was no exageration.

For my family:

My father, for funding four years of study, and for showing amazing faith and pride in my abilities.

My mother, for putting up with my vile temper, and for love, manifested in most concrete ways.

My eldest sister, for empathy and staying up with me.

My second sister, for her unflailing support, her final hours help and somewhat misguided belief in my intellectual capacity.

My husband, for support, fulfilled promises, but most of all, for being there – and staying – during the crying jags.

My best friends - Ain and Azah, for the wonderful workouts and lunches. They have kept me sane.

My participants – those who made the cut and those who did not. This, literally, wouldn’t have been possible without all of you.

Yash Raj Films – for making Mohabbatein. The all-nighters wouldn’t have been the same without it.




Will get back to all when I have finished my post-thesis pre-exam celebrations. I will leave all with a wonderful moment from "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam".

The story goes: Heroine in love with loser guy. Hero 'potong jalan' unwittingly. Hero and heroine gets married. Hero finds out heroine pining after loser guy. So, hero carts heroine off to Italy to find loser guy. After fruitless searching, heroine loses her temper with hero and accuses him of not knowing what it feels like to love someone, etc, etc. So hero replies:

“I’m suffering every minute. You know why? Because you are suffering. I’m going to lose both ways in what you think is a game. You know why? Because I-” (lets out a gust of exasperated breath.)

“You don’t know what love is.” (Turns to leave, grabs a towel and leaves to take a shower. Ha ha. )

Hee. No overt declarations of love. Just a wonderful emotionally laden scene. This is the stuff of Bollywood dreams. :D

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe..i am glad i am above mohabbatein at least...ranking? big love to fahfi and adik tak misguided.

6:55 AM  
Blogger xpidemic17 said...

ohhh, my pleasure... *hugz*

1:22 AM  
Blogger Azah said...

oohh did i see my name up on your acknowledgement list?! aawww u shdn't haf but it's my pleasure. so now time to get back to your workouts? well it's not over for me yet:(

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home