Saturday, March 18, 2006

Sproglets

Here are the rules society never live by:

Never ask someone unemployed whether they have found a job
Never ask someone single when they are getting married
Never ask someone married when they are having children

You know what I hate more than Smug Marrieds? Smug UN-marrieds. You know the kind - all they ever want is to be married and have children - and think that is the only legitimate thing in life: shocking, these (of course, lonely) career girls. They might say they don't need a man, but really in their hearts they want a man, and 2.5 children. And of course, if one gets married, naturally, they want children.

The thing I can't stand is, the view that children are the be all and end all of one's existance. That children should come first in life. That there can be no fanthomable reason why someone would put off getting married, or having children or have an abortion.

Reasons not to ask if someone is having children:
1. It's too intrusive and offensive (hello, is like asking someone if they are having sex! or "are you infertile?" Take your pick.)
2. What? Do I look fat? Enough said.

Something worse, (that I have been getting), why aren't you having children? As if I owe an explaination to that person (what the hell, right?) for why I am not having children. Bad enough the person holds me to his/her standard, what I have to explain myself? None of your damn business.

Oh wow. This girl has a lot of rage. Ha ha. Anyway, very few people can ask me the question: best friends and immediate family - whom I know do it out of love and care. Not some random extended family or people I meet once a year if there happened to be a gathering.

7 Comments:

Blogger fZi said...

kesian fahfi :P hehe. but adik family, so can ask, right ? Giant love!

3:08 AM  
Blogger xpidemic17 said...

heheh, and me, best frens who went a long way back, too can ask...

9:58 PM  
Blogger xpidemic17 said...

oh yeah, i agree, stop asking when a someone single is gonna get married... its irritating!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Azah said...

oops releks girl.... chill. Ok ok I shall stop asking you you that question hehe. Perhaps you can ask my mum to stop asking me when I'm getting married instead!

11:34 PM  
Blogger az/fah said...

ha ha. azah, you are under the best friends who go a long way back category. ha ha. :D still, if i knew how to make someone stop asking the married question, i can make a fortune! ha.

2:44 AM  
Blogger xpidemic17 said...

i noe how to make her stop - get married!! ;p

8:38 PM  
Blogger the red princess said...

aiyoh..cucuk mcm tak jalan..hehe

and yeah, there is a fortune to be made..hell, even i wldnt mind shelling out for such a wonderful device

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home